The following statistics are factual and not in question.
1) Nearly 1 million children in the United States are subjected to the divorce of their parents each year.
2) The number of children living in single parent homes as increased from 4% to 28 percent in the past 20 years.
3) While children lviing with a single parent account for only 28% of the population, they account for 77% of all juvenile delinquency cases.
There are many theories as to why single parent homes produce more juvenile delinquents. Some claim it is due to lack of quality parenting time, attention, or the lack of support from both a father and mother. Regardless of the “why”, the fact remains that single parent homes produce a disproportionate number of delinquents. Using the unified theories we have discussed from the last chapter, as well as what we have learned in the chapter, prepare a 2-3 page paper that address the following:
1) What is your theory as to why single-parent households have greater likelihood of crime.
2) Using the theories we have learned to date, what course of action would you suggest in society to address these delinquency rates.
ALL ATTATCHMENTS ARE TO HELP WITH ASSIGNMENT. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND ALL CONTENT TO BE ABLE TO WRITE THIS PAPER CORRECTLY! THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT THEORIES IN THESE CHAPTERS. USE THE UNIFIED THEORIES AND WRITE 3 PAGE PAPER WITH THE QUESTION ABOVE! REFENCE IT AS WELL.