Organizational behavior is the combination of four areas of study—psychology, social psychology, sociology, and anthropology. While each of these areas involves an examination of people and their interactions, the focuses are quite different:
- Psychology studies the mind and how people make decisions.
- Social Psychology examines how people work in groups.
- Sociology explores how systems work within the organization.
- Anthropology examines how culture works within the organization.
Now, assume that you are an organizational consultant and have been asked by a new CEO to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the organization.
Step 2 – Post a Response
Respond to the following.
- Of the four areas of study listed above, which would you focus on first?
- Make sure to explain why you chose this area, and why it would take precedence over the other areas.