Evaluate an organization’s strategy, environment, and internal activities using appropriate analytical frameworks (e.g., industry analysis, VRIO, value chain analysis, corporate-advantage concepts) for the purpose of providing recommendations for how a firm can improve its performance relative to its competitors;
Generate viable options to specific strategic decisions (e.g., industry positioning, competitive advantage); and
Formulate a strategic plan regarding mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, diversifications, or international locations from an analysis of archival, corporate-level data.
Students will select an organization, identify and evaluate its strategy using class concepts and frameworks, and then provide a set of recommendations based upon these assessments.
Choose a profit or non-profit organization of interest;
Develop and deliver a five-minute / fifteen slide (maximum) presentation that addresses three parts:
- Summary of company background (e.g., what’s going on and why is this important?)
- Application of class concepts to identify, interpret, and evaluate challenges facing top management (e.g., how it relates to the topical areas within the class?)
- Suggestions on strategic improvement that will increase the firm’s performance (e.g., where to go from here: what future areas/advice do you have for managers (3 to 4 topics)?).
Slide deck must not be more than 15 slides.
- PowerPoint Slides will be evaluated using Turnitin.
- APA Format with Bibliography