DISCUSSION due in 24 hours
Prior to participating in this discussion, explore the Real-Life Challenges in Education (Links to an external site.) interactive.
Your supervisor would like you to create a flyer to begin generating interest for your upcoming workshop. However, since this is a document that will be displayed throughout the center, your supervisor has requested you create this and share it with your peers at the center for feedback, before public display. The one-page flyer can be completed in Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Canva.com or an option of your choice. This assignment will be submitted both in this discussion forum and in your Summative Template; it is a part of the complete package. You will save the file as a PDF and submit to the discussion forum for peer feedback. Review the Canines With Manners Summative Flyer Example downloaddocument.
In your initial post,
· You will upload a PDF file of your Workshop Flyer which will include
o The title of the workshop that will be presented at the University of Arizona Global Campus Multigenerational Center.
o The objective/purpose of the workshop.
o The target audience (who should attend).
o Your name (as the presenter).
o Time, date, and place.
o An image to represent the content.
· Your flyer will
o Be colorful and engaging.
o Be organized in a clear layout, and easy for the reader to navigate.
· You will state the following in the discussion forum in addition to the flyer:
o State your degree program.
o The position you interviewed for at the University of Arizona Global Campus Multigenerational Center.
o Your clients.
o Title of your workshop.
o Topic of your workshop.
o Why you chose this topic for your workshop.
o Your biggest concern about hosting this workshop.
Buczynski, S., & Hansen, C. B. (2014). The change leader in education: Roles and strategies in the differentiated environment. Retrieved from https://content.uagc.edu/
- Section 8.1: Understanding Adult-Learning Theory
- Reading this section will prepare you for the Final Project. Preparation and work on this assignment begin in Week 3.
Shean, A. (Ed.). (2012). The final step: A capstone in education. Retrieved from https://content.uagc.edu/
- Section 3.1: Learning Theory for Teaching
- Reading this section will prepare you for the first part of the Final Project about Theory. Preparation and work on this assignment begin in Week 3.
University of Arizona Global Campus. (2017). Real-life challenges in education (Links to an external site.) [Interactivity]. Retrieved from https://content.bridgepointeducation.com/curriculum/file/547526b6-ff29-43fa-9c79-b2fbb73461e5/1/EDU499_WEEK_03_CHALLENGES_SCORM.zip/story.html
- This interactive provides information about real life challenges in education. This interactive will assist you with the Workshop Flyer discussion and Workshop Plan assignment.
Honigsfeld, A & Cohan, A. (2015). Serving English language learners. Retrieved from https://content.uagc.edu/
- Chapter 8: Lesson Planning for ELLs
- Chapter 9: Effective Strategies for ELA and Content-Literacy Development
- Reading these chapters will prepare students in the ELS Program for the Final Project. Read them only if you are in the ELS Program.
Krogh, S. L., Fielstein, L., Phelps, P. H., & Newman, R. (2015). Introduction to education: Choosing to teach. Retrieved from https://content.uagc.edu/
- Chapter 3: How Students Learn
- Reading this chapter will prepare you for the first part of the Final Project about Theory.
Red Mountain Multigenerational Center. (Links to an external site.) (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.mesaparks.com/parks-facilities/recreation-centers/red-mountain-multigenerational-center