Python Lists and Dictionaries
Python has several data types that can be used to work with collections of data, including lists, sets, dictionalries and tuples. This week we wil work with lists and dictionaries.
Your work includes a Zybooks reading assignment and two programming assignments, one for lists and one for dictionaries. TheZybooks reading assignment includes some sections from Chapter 3 about data types and from chapter 8 about lists and dictionaries.
Your tasks are to:
1. complete the list programming assignment:
Write and submit a program that does the following:
- create an empty Python list
- Create a count-controlled while loop to generate and append 1,000 random integers to the list. Each integer should be between 1 and 100, including 1 and 100.
- Using the for statement to iterate the list, calculate and print:
- the sum of the values in the list.
- the minimum of the values in the list.
- the maximum of the values in the list.
- the average of the values in the list.
You should be able to do step 3 with a single loop, followed by a statement to find the average and then print statements to show the results. The statement to find the average should use the list length function, not the number 1,000, which means it should work no matter how many numbers are in the list.
2. complete the dictionary programming assignment:
Your task is to use a Python dictionary to provide information about the poinbts scored by a basketball team in one game.
Write a program that does the following:
- Using the assignment statement below, create a dictionary with points scored by each of the Philadelphia 76ers against the Brooklyn Nets on April 20, 2019.
points = dict(Harris=24, Butler=11, Embiid=31, Simmons=15, Reddick =9, Scott=8, Ennis=7, Marjanovic=4, Bolden=1, McConnell=2)
- Iterate the dictionary once, resulting in a printout that shows us:
- a list of the players and the points they each scored, with one player on each line.
- the total number of points they scored.
- the name of the highest scorer on the team.
You should submit your properly documents source code. You should start with documentation as a tool to help you design your software.