- Review practice agreements in the state of Illinois for Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN).
- Identify whether state of Illinois requires physician collaboration or supervision for nurse practitioners, and if so, what those requirements are.
- Research the following:
- How do you get certified and licensed as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Illinois?
- What is the application process for certification in the state of Illinois?
- What is the state of Illinois’ board of nursing website?
- How does the state of Illinois define the scope of practice of a nurse practitioner?
- What is included in the state of Illinois’ practice agreement?
- How do you get a DEA license?
- Does state of Illinois have a prescription monitoring program (PMP)?
- How does the state of Illinois describe a nurse practitioner’s controlled-substance prescriptive authority, and what nurse practitioner drug schedules are nurse practitioners authorized to prescribe?
By Day 3 of Week 1
Post a summary of your findings on your state based on the questions listed above. Explain the types of regulations that exist and the barriers that may impact nurse practitioner independent practice in the state of Illinois. Be specific. Also, describe what surprised you from your research.